In the Media
Follow the links below for media coverage of our work.
- “UNC School of Education, University of Missouri researchers work to help high school students understand COVID-19” Published June 15, 2020 in the Carolina Graduate School Magazine.
- “UNC professor leading project to develop high school science lessons on COVID-19” by Rachel Crumpler, Published June 10, 2020 in the Daily Tar Heel.
- “Rapid response COVID-19, Ep. 3: Teaching about a pandemic in a pandemic” Published May 18, 2020 by the National Science Foundation Multimedia Gallery.
- “Missouri teachers virtually educate students about pandemic” Published May 2, 2020 by the Associated Press. The AP story was reported in the following news outlets: Arkansas Democrat Gazette, Northwest Arkansas Democrat, US News and World Report , Times Union, West Plains Daily Quill, Stamford Advocate, News Channel Nebraska River County, San Antonio Express News, Houston Chronicle, Sacramento Bee, Idaho Statesman, Lexington Herald Leader, Washington Times, San Francisco Chronicle, SF Gate, Modesto Bee, St. Louis Post Dispatch, Republic World, Jefferson City News Tribune, and USA Today.
- “Raytown students studying, learning impact of COVID-19 with university researchers” by Jessica Eley, Aired April 30, 2020 on Fox 4 Kansas City WDAF.
- “How Missouri students are learning about the virus that has them stuck at home” by Elle Moxley, Published April 30, 2020 by KCUR, the Kansas City NPR affiliate.
- “MU teaching project brings coronavirus curriculum to classrooms” by Diana Panuncial, Published April 29, 2020 in the Columbia Missourian.
- “COVID-19 curriculum helps students cope with, understand pandemic” by Naaz Modan, Published April 29, 2020 on Education Dive
- “Shifting science instruction to the coronavirus: New activities, units” by Catherine Gewertz, Published April 21, 2020 on the Education Week Teaching Now Blog
- “Science program inspires educators, students amid pandemic” by Roger McKinney, Published April 11, 2020 in the Columbia Daily Tribune